Supply Chain Facilitator (English/Chinese speaking) - Realize Therapeutics
Realize Therapeutics, a cannabinoid development start-up at 1871 in Chicago, has an ongoig sourcing project for which we are looking to enlist the services of a Chinese-speaking professional, ideally with an technical background in nutritional oils, omega-3 and raw material production.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in the procurement of raw materials, chemicals or ingredients from Chinese suppliers and has an ability to facilitate our communication and potential business relationships. Requires an understanding of Quality Management Systems and audits by NSF and other international quality firms.
Requires excellent English and Chinese language skills and business-to-business transaction experience. An interest in cannabis on a personal and professional level is helpful.
- Identify and engage with potential Chinese suppliers via online and extensive email
- Facilitate telephonic and video meetings between our CEO and candidate suppliers
- Audit via email for possible later F2F visit
- Construct RFP and secure quotes
- Travel to China to review and choose finalist candidate suppliers
- Product sourcing and management of supply chain with experience in chemicals, oils and raw materials industries.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate technical details
- International travel and factory audit and purchasing experience
- Fluency in Chinese written and oral communication and excellentEnglish
- Availability to begin work immediately
Helpful and desired:
- Personality and style fitting the environment of an early stage company
- Several years in start-up or mid-size companies
- A keen eye from both the consumer and industrial design perspective
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, science or related technical degree
- $20 / hour
(NDA Requirement: The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement acknowledging the confidential nature of our projects, the information as to Realize products, processes, supplier relationships, etc. If this is problematic we respectfully accept your position and ask that we both move on.)