Back-End Developer - Route
Route is a business management platform for services companies, helping teams of any size monitor and streamline their work through real time data on the job while providing guidance and training.
With Route’s one touch task completions, collecting real time data on site about your team’s performance is easy for companies and technicians. Dive into the details and uncover important insights from the entire business like never before.
Route can help transform company culture and empower teams with the data-driven recognition they deserve, simplifying and Automating Operations with integrated job scheduling, time keeping and geofencing throughout each workflow. Technician Profiles put a face to hard work and provide a place to showcase the unique talents and accomplishments of employees.
We have a small team developing the platform while our parent company, Rozalado Services, employs over 250 people across commercial services like cleaning, floor services, property maintenance, post construction and more that will make for the perfect test environment. This application is being commercialized following successful implementation in the Rozalado business. Our product launch campaign began this year and includes a tour of industry events including those hosted by ISSA, IFMA, and BSCAI.
This position is for a Software Engineer focused on Backend Development. As a member of the Route team, responsibilities will include taking a leading role in building, maintaining, deploying and monitoring the Route platform API and accompanying infrastructure. DevOps expertise is another important aspect of this position, including the continuous integration and delivery of new deployments.
Our product features a NodeJS API Server currently hosted on Digital Ocean, MongoDB Atlas, various Google Cloud Platform tools and additional services such as SendGrid and Segment.io.
- 3+ Years developing, maintaining, and administering Backend Systems
- 2+ Years building Node.js + Express based RESTful APIs
- 2+ Years creating and deploying software in an IaaS Environment, Google Cloud experience a plus
- 1+ Years architecting NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Firebase, CouchDB, etc)
- 1+ Years implementing DevOps tools, such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Proficient in team environments
- Able to work well with others
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or other form of technical certification
- 2+ Years developing commercial applications
- SaaS Startup Team Experience
- Previous work with Cloud Platforms, APIs and System Integrations
- Proficient with G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail etc)
- Excellent communication skills and a knack for utilizing team software
- Responds well under pressure and with aggressive timeline
- Project Portfolio