Healthcare Financial Analyst / Actuary - Validate Health
Interested in being part of a small founding team, so you can see your direct impact on improving the healthcare industry?
Validate Health is an early stage healthcare analytics company on a mission to improve accessibility to healthcare by enabling healthcare provider organizations to operate at stable and sustainable financial models. Validate was founded by a healthcare actuary who advises on national value based care policy and the health data application leader for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Validate is now building its analytics platform that encompasses the accumulated wisdom of its experts and clients, in order to empower medical organizations to manage their own financial risk, while improving the clinical outcomes of their patients. We're looking for talented and driven contributors to join our team and be a part of this important moment in the healthcare industry.
This position is for healthcare focused financial analysts, statisticians and actuaries who want to be at the forefront of provider payment reform and contract optimization. It provides excellent opportunities for professional growth in healthcare financial analytics and value based care.
— The ideal candidate should be keenly interested in gaining deep expertise and pursuing a career in quantitative analytics of healthcare. —
▪ Perform or assist in pricing, reserving and forecasting of commercial and Medicare lines of business by applying mathematical and statistical knowledge; monitor profitability, prepare annual budget, prepare monthly reserves, required rate filings, etc
▪ Learn and apply rules and regulation around government healthcare programs, like Medicare and Medicaid. Learn and apply models for commercial value based care programs and contracts.
▪ Use modern programming languages (such as R, Python, SAS, SQL) to work with large datasets to automate regulatory, economic and actuarial modeling. Gather and analyze large medical claims, public health datasets and financial data.
▪ Participate in implementation, maintenance and analysis of models, forecasts, studies and systems which use actuarial principles for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving and forecasting.
▪ Develop written and oral presentations that provide basic information for decision making. Participate in defining features and capabilities of analytical products.
▪ Bachelor’s degree with strong academic background in finance, accounting, statistics, economics, mathematics, actuarial science or other related subject. Healthcare specific degrees such as MHA (Master of Health Administration) or MBA in Healthcare Management are also relevant.
▪ Desire to be an expert in healthcare and passionate about making an impact in this field. Experience with healthcare claims and clinical data is beneficial. Understanding of HIPAA compliance is a plus.
▪ Aptitude, attitude, curiosity and grit is what we care about. To that end, we are open to accepting candidates from non-traditional backgrounds. (Just tell us how your background prepares you for this position.)
Must be located in Chicago.
▪ We offer stock options, salary that grows with the company and health coverage.
▪ You also get free lunch, coffee, drinks and beer. Friday happy hours.
▪ Fun, energetic and rewarding learning environment.
▪ Conveniently located in the Merchandise Mart in the Loop.