VP of Engineering - Purple Ant
Purple Ant is an IoT based multi-tenant SaaS solution that enables property insurers to increase retention by providing a device agnostic monitoring solution for smart homes.
Smart Home sector is an exciting place to be in today with sharply increasing adoption rate fueled by accelerating technology changes.
The VP of Engineering will work with the executive leadership and the Go To Market team to translate the business requirements into a viable product through preparing and executing the technical design needed. The person will work with the engineering team to create a practical technical roadmap and execute it to plan.
Duties and responsibilities
This position is for an engineering leader focused on driving a team working on IoT solutions based on AWS. The responsibilities will include taking a leading role in building, maintaining, deploying and monitoring the mobile applications and the accompanying AWS infrastructure. DevOps expertise is another important aspect of this position, including the continuous integration and delivery of new deployments.
Our product features a React Native based mobile app currently hosted on AWS and deriving data from multiple smart devices leveraging protocols including MQTT and JSON.
- 10+ Years full-stack development experience
- 7+ Years’ experience in managing a 10+ member technical team, experience managing a vendor preferable
- 3+ Years building a React Native based mobile application
- 3+ Years creating and deploying software in an PaaS Environment in AWS
- 1+ Years architecting NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Firebase, CouchDB, etc)
- 2+ Years implementing DevOps tools, such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or other form of technical certification
- 5+ Years developing commercial applications
- SaaS Startup Team Experience is preferable
- Excellent communication skills and a knack for utilizing team software
- Responds well under pressure and with aggressive timeline
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work well with others