Creative Technologist / Unity Developer at Midwest Immersive, Inc.
Midwest Immersive is an interactive technology studio. We work with brands, agencies and industries combining new media art forms and emerging technologies to create one-of-a-kind consumer experiences designed to fascinate, mesmerize and engage.
Employee’s title will be XR Developer. Employee’s duties cover designing and executing technical projects for augmented reality applications. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working in a small project-oriented development team to create custom AR and VR experiences for enterprise use cases
- Collaborating with other developers and clients to evaluate project needs and come up with clever solutions
- Setting up virtual environments for a wide range of AR, VR, and XR scenarios, depending on the project type
- Implementing user interfaces based on mockups and storyboards
- Crafting intuitive user interactions for both novice and experienced users
- Writing well-documented, reusable code in C#, or other languages as necessary
- Working with the Unity engine to construct prototypes and rapidly iterate through ideas
- Diagnosing, documenting, and fixing bugs reported by testers and users
- Using industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Trello)
- Keeping up with the latest trends and advancements in augmented and virtual reality
- Work with the Unity engine effectively. This involves:
- Being able to build for both Android and iOS
- Having experience in C#, and being able to document code
- Working with an organized file / scene structure
- Being able to use the Animator / Animation system at a base level
- Having experience with Unity’s UI components
- Have basic knowledge of a graphics editor such as Photoshop, Paint.net, or Gimp
- Have former experience with both using and developing for AR or VR
- Be able to manage their own time well, and create their own goals
- Have experience with version control such as GIT
- Be willing to constantly experiment with emerging tech and new libraries
- Be able to work in a team effectively
- Have vision AND wisdom!
- Flexible work schedule - work from home when you need to!
- Fast paced work environment with great people who love what they do.
- Work at 1871, a bright, energetic co-working space (free sparkling water, and standing and treadmill desks!)
- Prime location: The Merchandise Mart in River North
- You can drink beer at work. But only on special occasions. Wink.
- Small, close knit team
- Creative, idea focused leadership.