Summer Sales Partner Trainee - UpMerch
UpMerch is an online platform for businesses, organizations and events to produce custom decorated apparel and merchandise. Our online platform brings together a global team of production, design and sales partners, who collectively collaborate to produce high quality decorated merchandise for our customers.
We strive to provide every partner and customer an unparalleled experience, and we are driven to become the industry benchmark for quality, customer service, transparency and efficiency. If you believe you have what it takes to become a partner and lead the way to the forefront of industry innovation, we want to hear from you!
Have you ever wanted to run your own business, but didn’t know where to start? Our mission is to empower students to run their own business on campus, with the ultimate goal of supplementing their formal education with real world business experiences. As a Summer Sales Partner Trainee, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a start-up by building your own book of business! You will be responsible for executing everything from customer contact, research, marketing, pricing and account support, to closing the deal. While targeting organizations and businesses in your community, you will learn sales strategies and receive advice directly from a mentor who has done it before. The responsibilities will be vast and overwhelming at points, but will also be extremely profitable, educational and provide unparalleled experiences not found elsewhere.
The Summer Sales Partner Trainee internship is designed to be a hands-on development program to prepare the intern for our official Sales Partner position. Upon completion of the internship, the Summer Sales Partner Trainee will graduate to an official Sales Partner. The internship will consist of daily classroom learning in the morning, followed by hands-on real-world sales training in the afternoon. The classroom portion will cover a wide range of topics, including but not limited to, product research, decorating techniques, sales strategies, social media marketing, e-Commerce implementation, negotiation, customer service and personal development. The intern will have the opportunity to learn from a mentor who has done it before, while also collaborating and networking with other Summer Sales Partner Trainees.
- Location: UpMerch - 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza Suite #1212 Chicago, IL 60654
- Dates: June 3, 2019 through August 9, 2019
- Hours: The in-person portion of internship will be 2 days per week, with required hours from 10AM-4PM. Additionally, the Summer Sales Partner Trainee will be expected to work remotely throughout the week engaging with customers and building their book of business.
- Compensation: $50 stipend per week + very competitive commission-based structure
- Minimum Commitment Length: Summer Sales Partner Trainee + 2 semesters as an official Sales Partner
- Year in School: Freshman or Sophomore in college
- Involved with one or more student organizations, preferably a fraternity or sorority
- Substantial interest in general business, sales and marketing, or starting your own business someday
- Excellent work ethic, self-driven, competitive in nature and extremely responsible
- Independent worker, with initiative and the ability to see and fix problems
- Outgoing personality with the ability to network with anyone
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Confident in your ability to succeed
- Unlimited Earning Potential: The average Sales Partner profits $250 per order, equivalent to $50/hour, with the highest earners profiting over $20,000 per year
- Create Your Own Schedule: There is no required time commitment, the average Sales Partner works 5-10 hours per week
- Expand Your Network: Sales Partners develop relationships, negotiate and close deals with the top leaders in their community
- Bulk Up Your Resume: Through hands-on experiences, you will develop real world business skills, including negotiation, sales, marketing and finance
- Dedicated Business Mentor: Access to an experienced mentor who will provide advice, assist with problems and push you to work your best