Content Designer (UX Writer, Content Strategist) - Alight Innovation Lab
Link to apply: https://bit.ly/2CPOH7E
Alight Innovation Lab is a design-forward collective of instigators, strategists, and creatives. We make human-centered design (HCD) the heart of everything we do, empowering us to go wherever the ideas take us. At the Lab, our mission is simple – reimagine at the speed of innovation for our clients, who consist of 60% of the Fortune 100.
You’re a powerful storyteller, where less is more. You’re the perfect copy complement in the digital world, designing intuitiveness with what you say, and sometimes, what you don’t. You easily switch between concepting and producing laser-targeted content across digital platforms.
You’ll work on the Product Design team to co-create useful, meaningful and cohesive product experiences. You’ll work on several projects at once, providing concepting, content strategy and writing from early ideation through implementation. As an expert on voice and writing, you’ll balance brand voice while defining the tone for products.
- Work closely with designer, product managers, and engineers to define copy and communications throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Write clear and consistent product content — everything from broad positioning and strategy to tooltips and notifications
- Offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, and influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency across platforms
- Develop feature content and communication strategies as concepts become prototypes and beyond.
- Dig into user research and consumer insights to identify, inform, and validate your work
- Leverage personas, journey maps and site data to develop content that targets user needs and supports business goals.
- Communicate your findings, recommendation, and content specifications through deliverables such as content matrices, user scenarios, presentation decks, comps, prototypes and style guides
- Maintain an optimistic, “can-do” attitude in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Advertising, Creative or Digital Agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree Advertising, English, Design, Marketing, Journalism, HCI or any area that emphasizes storytelling and strategic thinking
- 3+ years of copywriting and content development experience
- Digital portfolio of writing samples that detail content strategy, UX writing, along with goals and results
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience leading content initiatives from ideation through implementation
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Experience writing content for web/mobile products and developing style guides preferred
- Experience working in an consumer-centric design process
- Demonstrated experience incorporating accessibility into the design processed preferred
- Experience with SEO, taxonomy design and information architecture
- Experience writing spoken dialog or designing conversational or multichannel interactions
- Excellent communicator with a proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, working independently in a fast-paced environment